These cookies are the size of my hand, no, bigger than my the size of my hand. And they taste so good. You have to try them. And because this recipe only yields 5 cookies, you don’t feel as bad eating them. ”I just ate 5 cookies,” see, that doesn’t sound terrible, does it? Just leave out the part about each cookie being the equivalent of 3 regular cookies. No one needs to know.
Really Big Giant Cookies, adapted from Picky Palate’s Bakery Style XXL Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your cookie sheet (I just got one and I am super excited about it) with parchment paper or a Silpat.
2. If you dream of being hardcore like me, use a spoon to cream your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in your egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
3. Lightly whisk flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to your wet mixture until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and mini marshmallows.
4. Use your hands to make giant snowballs of dough, about 1/4 cup each. Fit 5 cookies on your sheet. Press each cookie dough snowball down to about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 13-16 minutes. Let them sit tight for about 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Eat happily.
Makes 5-6 XXL cookies
Bake them. Eat them. Get back to me on how you like them.