I can honestly say I’ve never had a summer fly this quickly, and now I’m already staring at the beginning of August on my calendar. Insane! But while we’re still enjoying July, I thought I’d do a quick little recap of the five things I’m loving for the warmer months. And then I realized…this is basically a tag. So I tag you! Tell me the 5 things you’re loving this summer in the comments below, or on your blog.
1. Blogilates workouts: If you don’t already know, Blogilates does the best workout videos, and you can find them all for free on YouTube. I love them because a) they’re super quick b) I still can’t even make it through one 8-minute session (although this might say more about my fitness level than anything else) and c) she has a scary amount of energy and I have no energy, so it balances out.
2. Ear cuffs: Ohhhmygod, I just discovered ear cuffs this summer because I live under a very big rock. I love the “pearl and crystal” pieces from Rue Gembon in particular—how pretty is the Ariana? Answer: so pretty it’s currently sold out.
3. Dolce & Gabbana for lips and brows: D&G’s makeup line can be slightly hit-and-miss considering the price tag, but there are some things they do exceptionally well. This season, I’ve been blown away by their brow pencil (I’ve got about three more uses left in that thing before I have to close my eyes and hand over $45 for a new one) and their ultra-flattering purple lipstick, Dahlia.
4. Basic Nalgene bottle: The new crop of glass water bottles might have an edge in the looks department, but I drop things so often that the BKR Bottle I’m eyeing would probably be reduced to a pile of shards in less than a week. My Nalgene, on the other hand, has survived multiple drops over the past year and it’s still going strong. Plus, it doesn’t make your water taste weird and the wide mouth is easy to clean.
5. Maxi dresses: The one-step solution to getting dressed in 30 seconds and looking presentable. I’m currently loving this cool cutout version under $30.
Full disclosure: Products from Dolce & Gabbana are previously reviewed press samples. For more information on my posting policy, please reference my disclaimer. Pictured Rue Gembon ear cuffs are from my internship.