Sorry for the shorter posts lately, but I’m finally going back to L.A. today! I’m planning to do a lot of things once I touch down (gotta make those two days before school starts count), and I thought I would share some of my airplane advice with all of you.
1. Get lots of sleep. especially if you are going on a 12 hour flight. In my experience, this helps so much with reducing jetlag. I get lots of sleep on the plane, stay up until about 10 pm when I land, and the jetlag is usually gone by the second day. That being said, jetlag affects everybody to a different degree, so this won’t necessarily work for you. And that picture above? My eyes are super sensitive to light, so I completely light-proofed my eye mask lol. Yes, I will probably look crazy, but at least I’ll be able to get some zzzz’s!
*the lovely Yumeko gave me the idea for the foil mask
2. Stay hydrated. And when I say hydrated, I don’t just mean drinking lots of water. It’s also important to make sure your skin is hydrated. Being on a plane for 12 hours does bad things to my skin, so I usually slather on a heavier moisturizer and some eye cream before I board my flight. It also doesn’t hurt to keep a lip balm in your carry-on. And about the water, I bring a couple of empty bottles with me, and fill them once I get past the gate.
3. Wisp away! Because they make life easier.
4. Dress comfortably. I stick to layered outfits.
5. Bring a snack. While I love Malaysia Airlines for their ultra-smooth takeoffs and landings, their economy class meals are difficult to choke down. I like to stuff some Pocky into my purse and munch away (often finishing them before I even get on the plane).
I’ll check back in with you once I land!