I have a tag this week! Thanks to the lovely Pinch for tagging me.
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
mmm, I won’t count the times when I was little and wore makeup because those were for dance performances. I’d say15, probably.
2. How did you get into makeup?
The summer between 8th and 9th grade, I went to camp with my friend Hens. She had this Lancome GWP quad that I had too (my mom always gave me the GWP quads, and I never used them). Anyways, she’d do minimal makeup to the extreme with those shadows, and I thought it was cool. And thus I was hooked~~~and became more and more hooked over time.
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
I split my favorite brands into 3 categories.
drugstore: Milani, Revlon, Rimmel
high end: Ellis Faas, Lancome
Asian drugstore: Majolica Majorca, KATE
4. What does makeup mean to you?
It’s a hobby, and I’d even say it’s a passion for me. I don’t know what exactly it is about makeup that is so addicting, but I like that you get to use your face as a canvas for beauty. That’s pretty awesome.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Sunscreen, lip balm, undereye concealer, and mascara
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
See number 4! I also like the fact that it’s not permanent. It’s very easy to take off your makeup, and start over again. Also, it usually doesn’t cost as much to splurge on makeup than it does to splurge on some other things.
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
You can find great products from both ends of the spectrum. I think my favorite thing about high end makeup is often the packaging.
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Less is more. Start with less, and as you get better, you can begin experimenting with more things.
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Bleached brows. I’m sorry, I just don’t get them. Or like them.
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
I love the fact that it’s out there. I’ve learned a lot from my favorite YouTube Gurus (mainly xteeener), and I love that you can go on there, and find a lot of honest, thorough product reviews (this applies to the beauty blogosphere as well).
Now I tag all of you! *do it do it!* and link me when you do, I want to read your answers 😀