Creds: lash stamps from http://www.obsidiandawn.com
I’m posting this EOTD one day before New Year’s Eve, thus giving you enough time to attempt it if you’d like. Last year, I stayed in my safe zone with lots of greens, so this year, I thought I’d try something I don’t usually do (purple + heavy). Unfortunately, I could not for the life of me get the insane sparkle to capture on camera, but I hope you like it anyways!
Click for step by step pictures and instructions
Urban Decay Primer Potion^
Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E103^
Ellis Faas Lights in E301^
Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Fishnet
KATE Gel Eyeshadow in GY-1
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy^
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
Milani Brow Pencil in Taupe
Skin Food Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream in 2
1. First, prime the lids (UDPP). Using either a black cream shadow or black gel liner (Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E103), lay down your base. I didn’t blend out the edges too much because I wanted to keep the rounded shape blocked out.
2. Take a super sparkly shadow in the color of your choice (Ellis Faas Lights in E301), and pat this onto your inner corner.
3. Next, blend a shimmery purple into the crease, right up to your sparkly shadow (Urban Decay Fishnet from their Deluxe Palette).
4. Take another sparkly shadow, and pat this right on the center of your eyelid (KATE Gel Eyeshadow in GY-1).
5. Finish things off with a highlight color, patted right under your browbone (Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy).
6. Taking whatever you used to lay down your black base in the first step, line the upper and lower lashlines (Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E103).
7. Finally, curl your lashes and apply mascara (Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara). Lightly define your brows (Milani Brow Pencil in Taupe), and conceal your dark circles if you have them (Skin Food Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream in 2)
And then, if you’d like, apply false lashes since this is a New Year’s Eve look. In Photoshop, if necessary (like I did) 😛
All of the following pictures contain photoshopped lashes, creds lash stamps from http://www.obsidiandawn.com
Hope you like it! What type of eye look are you planning for New Year’s Eve?
Full Disclosure: Products with a caret (^) beside them were provided by PR for consideration. For more information, please see my Disclaimer.