Recently, I realized that I haven’t done a fun eye look in months. I checked my archives, and the last step-by-step EOTD I did was all the way back in January!
I guess I’ve been putting all my energy lately into taking care of my skin, hair, and nails. Unfortunately, this means that my eye makeup has descended into the land of too-boring-for-words. I actually can’t even remember the last time I wore eyeshadow…
Oh this is bad, very bad.
Obviously, I had to do something to rectify this situation, so over the weekend I broke out my eyeshadows, and improvised some fun eye makeup.
Here’s the step by step tutorial as promised!
What you’ll need:
~Eyeshadow primer (UDPP)
~Black, pink, light blue, cobalt blue eyeshadows + a highlight shade (Vivid Cosmetics eyeshadows in Coal, Magenta, Fresh Azure, Starlite + Urban Decay eyeshadow in Foxy)
~Black liquid liner (Eve Pearl Waterproof Liquid Liner in Black Pearl)
~False Lashes (Eylure Ready to Wear lashes in 050)
1. The first thing I do, as always, is prime my eyes. You can skip this step if you’d like, but I find it allows the eyeshadows to adhere to my lids better. Next, I take a standard shadow brush, and pat a black shadow onto the outer half of my eyelid.
2. I dip my eyeshadow brush in some water (normally, I would use a spray bottle to foil the eyeshadow, but I lost mine whoops!), and dip it into a bright pink shadow. I apply this to the inner half of my lid.
3. To blend the pink and the black together, I again wet my brush, and dip it into a light blue. I apply this between the black and pink.
4. I wipe the brush off (you can just use a new brush, but I was trying to be efficient-ish), and apply a cobalt blue shadow dry above the other three shadows, blending it out slightly. While I’m at it, I also pop a highlight color under my browbone.
5. I line my upper lashline with a black liquid liner, winging it out. My wing got a bit forked at the end, which I could say was intentional, but actually it was just a fail on my part. I also go over my lower lashline with the same liner.
6. Finishing touches! Using my finger, I further blend out the shadows.
7. Last step! I take some pre-glued fake lashes, and stick them on my lash line. And yes, they’re real, not Photoshopped this time. I’m learning 😀
Hope you enjoyed the look! I’ll try to do more of these soon.
Full Disclosure: Press samples were used in the creation of this look. For more information, please see my Disclaimer.