New York, NY (September 13, 2011) – PHYTO partnered with the most creative and talented hair stylists this season to invigorate the runway. From wet looks to streamlined ponytails to twists and structure, a look was created for every modern woman.
Too bad I couldn’t have been there to see these hairstyles in person! I’ve got pictures though, so I thought I’d share a few of my favorites with you today.
The hairstylists at Derek Lam kept it simple, with low, sleek ponytails:
Key Hairstylist: Orlando Pita for Phyto
Inspiration: Architect Richard Neutra’s organic west coast homes. The hair reflects with a side parted low ponytail- “clean and simple lines,” shares Pita.
Step by step:
1. Sprayed Phytovolume Actif onto the hair. Applied heat and created a side part.
2. For those with dry and damaged hair, add a pea size amount of Phyto 7 daily hydrating cream to nourish ends.
3. Pull hair into a ponytail and wrap with elastic. Spray Phytolaque soie light hold hair spray.
4. Apply Phyto Professional Shine Defining Wax to smooth the ponytail for a natural hold with sheen.
At Erickson Beamon, ponytails made another appearance, this time combined with pretty twists:
Key Hairstylist: Nikki Ray/Salon AKS for Phyto
Inspiration: “Mad Magic Magnificent.” VOGUE Italia March 2004. Karen Elson by Steven Klein. Big, colorful jewelry equates to theatrical makeup and gorgeously twisted hair with a low, textured explosion ponytail.
Step by step:
1. Apply Phyto Professional Glossing Cream to create soft twists with a little shine.
2. Spray Phytolaque Soie light hold hair spray to keep twists in place.
3. Pull hair into a low ponytail, and wrapped elastic with hair.
4. Spray Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray for a strong hold and finish.
5. Apply Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste to ponytail to create a textured explosion.
Finally, stylists at Zero + Maria Cornejo created this awesome, structural updo. It’s a new take on the classic bun, but it still looks wearable, which I love.
Key Hairstylist: Martin Cullen for Phyto
Inspiration: Maria shares, “I love the feeling of an urban summer; fabrics that feel like the beach but toughened up somehow.” The hair reflects that feeling with a graphic, structural up-do with a twist.
Step by step:
1. Spray Phytovolume Actif throughout hair to give it texture.
2. Create a side part and make 2 small twists on the left side of the head, secure it with threaded elastic.
3. Spray twists with Phytolaque soie light hold hair spray.
4. Pull hair back and fold it flat against the head, almost origami like. Secure hair with bobby pins.
5. Finish with Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray.
Which of these styles is your favorite? I’m loving the last one best, I might even try it sometime this week.
Information and stock images provided by PR.