Let’s Talk LOTR is a weekly series of posts, sparked by my obsession with all things Middle Earth. It’s also my way of dealing with the wait (for The Hobbit, of course). Anything Tolkien-related is fair game. Come join the fun and geekery every Sunday!
Yes, I’m going there (and back again). On the teeny-tiny chance that your mind doesn’t immediately jump to makeup when you hear Lord of the Rings, let us journey into that glorious realm immediately! Starting with this Arkenstone-inspired EOTD:
lash stamps via obsidiandawn
“The Arkenstone! The Arkenstone!” murmured Thorin in the dark, half dreaming with his chin upon his knees. “It was like a globe with a thousand facets; it shone like silver in the firelight, like water in the sun, like snow under the stars, like rain upon the Moon!”
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
I’ve just wanted to do that for awhile now. Moving on…
Ever since fellow bandit Tracy mentioned that Arwen wears Clinique Black Honey lipstick in the movies, I’ve been hoping against hope that some company out there would step up and make a LOTR-inspired makeup collection. Twilight gets one, Hunger Games gets one, I think it’s high time everyone recognizes the potential of a LOTR (or Hobbit) inspired collection. So, here are my product pitches:
- Black Honey re-released as ‘Arwen.’ Perhaps we could get the Evenstar necklace as a GWP?
- Frodo Foundation. I mean the way his skin glows even when he’s walking through dirty-dusty Mordor, it’s sickeningly unfair. And how is it that he goes days without washing his face, and never breaks out?
- Aragorn Texturizing Spray, because I’m convinced he single-handedly started the artfully disheveled hair trend. Has anyone else noticed that the dirtier he gets, the better he looks? Does. Not. Compute.
- Legolas Conditioner. I want effortlessly swooshy locks like his, so I can jump on horses and climb oliphaunts without ever tangling my hair.
- Arkenstone nail polish…and not just another flakie, but something much cooler. Although I suppose I wouldn’t complain if it was a flakie in Arkenstone-inspired packaging.
- Galadriel Sheet Masks, especially since Cate Blanchett is the spokesperson for SK-II. And her skin is so good she could give Frodo a run for his money.
What say you? And if you were designing your own LOTR/Hobbit-inspired makeup collection, which products would make the cut?
See you next Sunday for more Middle-Earth shenanigans!