Every once in awhile, I remember that I am, in fact, a beauty blogger. And as a beauty blogger, I should…oh, I don’t know, actually use my makeup?
My laziness this past semester has gotten to the point where I rarely wear more than one shade on my lids. Why? Because you can totally apply a lid wash with your fingers and not have to touch any of your brushes ever. I washed mine for the first time since summer yesterday. Gross, I know. Sometimes even I’m amazed at the depths I’ll sink to to avoid the task of cleaning those things.
You know what else is amazing? I bought Satin Taupe almost two months ago, and today was the first time I used it. I don’t even know what’s happening to me. Feel free to stare! But onto the tutorial:
1. Prime lids (Urban Decay Primer Potion*) and apply a mid-tone taupe as a lid wash (MAC Satin Taupe)
2. Pat a lighter taupe (NYX Eucalyptus) on the middle of the lid
3. Apply a red-toned brown (Shu Uemura ME Medium Brown 885) on the outer corner and blend just into the crease
4. Line upper lashline with a cool-toned liquid liner (Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Revolver*), winging it out at the corner
5. Line the lower lashline halfway with a pencil liner in the same shade (Prestige Waterproof Eyeliner in Granite)
6. Finish it off with one coat of your favorite mascara (Annabelle Le Big Show Mascara)
So tell me, how did I do? Actually, don’t tell me. I’ll just keep living in my delusional little world for now.
What’s your favorite taupe? What are you wearing on your eyes today?
Full Disclosure: The product featured in this post was submitted for editorial consideration only. For more information, please see my disclaimer.