You know that perfectly texture, wavy hair you get from a day spent at the beach? It’s kind of tousled and a little messy, but somehow makes you appear glamorous—not like you rolled around in your sleep and woke up in a blanket burrito (this is my usual look). It’s also, unfortunately, not the best thing for your hair. Salt is drying, and the added sun and sea breeze don’t exactly help.
Of course, for every problem there is a beauty product workaround. Salt sprays flood (sorry, when have I ever been able to resist?) the market every summer, usually adding a hydrating component to lessen the damaging effects of that magical, volumizing sea salt. But what about beach taffy? Well, it now exists. Ouidad’s newest Wave Create Collection comprises two products: a Sea Spray and a Texture Taffy for the perfect beach-day waves, whether your hair is straight or curly.
From July 1-31, use the code ‘morsels‘ to get 10% off your order total. I don’t make any commission off this, it’s just a fun (well, I think it’s fun. I mean come on, how many times a day do you get to type morsels if you’re not me?) way for you to get a little discount on your purchase. More information on the products below:
Ouidad Wave Create Sea Spray | $23
- An exclusive wave making complex of natural seawater and mineral rich sea salt crystals creates a tousled texture
- Algae extracts condition and help maintain elasticity; rich in B12 amino acids that deeply nourish
- Giant kelp seaweed extract includes a high content of vitamins and minerals to nourish curls; adds superior shine
- Panthenol and Vitamin B5 act as a penetrating moisturizer
Ouidad Wave Create Texture Taffy| $23
- Marine Complex, high in vitamins and minerals, condition and add softness and shine
- Giant kelp seaweed extract includes a high content of vitamins and minerals to nourish curls and add shine
- Algae Extract acts as a moisturizer that leaves hair supple and shiny
- Milk Thistle extract acts as a botanical extract rich in antioxidants to moisturize
When was your last day at the beach? Do you have a favorite sea spray? (and yes, Mother Nature counts).