It seems a bit crazy to be thinking of the holidays while I’m still puttering about in shorts and flip-flops (everyone’s favorite college uniform), but that time of year is indeed here—at least in the beauty world. And while Urban Decay’s collection release certainly isn’t the first to land in my inbox, it’s the first one I’ll be covering here.
There’s plenty to talk about this year, from the revamp of their famous Face Case to an appropriately gorgeous palette—and we all know Urban Decay can do a good eyeshadow. Read on for all the details, and let me know which product you’re most excited to see in the comments. Happy (not even close to almost) Holidays!
Black Market 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Set, $36
Their say: With all the dark, sexy shades in this smoky lineup, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Our Product Development team is currently fighting over Ink (a deep inky blue shimmer) and the set’s namesake, Black Market (a cool black satin that’s like a pearly version of Zero—so HOT!). Because let’s face it, one shade of black is never enough. Craving a little sparkle? Then you’ll love Riot (a glittery grayish purple).
- West – dark brown pearl
- Desperation – deep taupe-gray matte
- Black Market – charcoal black satin
- Riot– smoky gray matte with violet and fuchsia micro-sparkle
- Apathy – metallic olive green shimmer
- Ink – deep navy blue satin
Face Case, $44
Their say: The most hardcore UD junkies may remember our original Face Case (our first palette EVER!), which came out more than a decade ago. Over the years, it went through various iterations, but NONE of them came anything close to these palettes. This time around, we went all out to create two really deluxe kits, each loaded with everything you need for a variety of looks.
- Includes a full-size super-saturated High Gloss Lip Color in the exclusive shade Scandal (bright metallic raspberry shimmer) and a travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (blackest black matte).
- Redemption – deep gunmetal satin
- Fray – warm mauve matte
- Vaporize – deep metallic gray-taupe shimmer
- Provocateur – light metallic mauve shimmer with multidimensional micro-glitter
- Revolt – bright metallic silver shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- Fetish – mauve-pink
- Quickie – bright pink
- Craze – pale gold shimmer
- Includes a full-size super-saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild (cool pink cream) and a travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (zealous black cream).
- Nameless– medium gray-brown satin
- Remix – rich purple shimmer with tonal micro-glitter
- Shakedown – rich brown-gunmetal satin
- Minor Sin – champagne-pink satin
- Bleach – yellow-beige matte
- Overexposed – dusty rose
- Temper – soft baby pink
- Glint – soft pink-champagne shimmer
Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner, $19
Their say: For pure, unadulterated sparkle, nothing delivers the goods like Heavy Metal. And wait until you see our two new shades, Amp (light blue with iridescent glitter) and Junkshow (bright pink with iridescent glitter), which came from an unlikely source—our Senior VP of Product Development’s two-year-old son! Her kids were playing in her makeup drawer while she was getting ready one day, and he mixed two shades of Heavy Metal together. It looked so cool that she had to show Wende! The next thing we knew, Amp and Junkshow were born.
- Midnight Cowboy – beige glitter
- Glamrock – silver glitter
- Distortion – iridescent glitter
- ACDC – bright purple glitter
- Spandex – deep blue-black with iridescent glitter
- Amp – light blue with iridescent glitter
- Junkshow – bright pink with iridescent glitter
Naked Illuminating Shimmering Powder for Face and Body, $29
Their say: Our lightweight, shimmering powder is baked on a terra cotta disc for 24 hours and then hand-finished, just like our popular Baked Bronzer. This soft, glowing beige powder contains a sophisticated, microfine shimmer worthy of the Naked name. You really have to see it to appreciate how insanely beautiful it is. Simply dust on Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder wherever you want to create an instant Naked glow. This smooth, silky powder contains light-reflecting particles that create a luminous, radiant look
Ocho Loco 2 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Set, $59
Their say: Ocho Loco means “Crazy Eight” in Spanish, which sums up the shades in this set perfectly. Every pencil features our creamy, award-winning 24/7 formula, which glides on smoothly and dries down to a long-lasting finish. Our whole office is already going nuts over the gorgeous new brights, Ultraviolet and Mars. And Wende loves Tornado, a dark eggplant pearl that may even upstage Rockstar, a long-standing fan-favorite shade. Since we rarely do full-size pencil sets, this set is a true collector’s item. But the craziest part has to be the price: $59 for eight full-size pencils that would cost you $152 if you bought them individually. (Not that you could anyway, since five of the shades are exclusives)
- Roach – deep copper brown shimmer
- Twice Baked – rich brown satin with gold micro-sparkle
- Crave – deepest, darkest brown-black matte
- Perversion – blackest black matte
- Deep End – bright metallic peacock shimmer
- Mars – bright metallic green shimmer
- Ultraviolet – bright blue-violet shimmer
- Tornado – dark eggplant pearl
Vice 2 Palette, $59
Their say: With 20 shades, it’s hard to even know where to begin! We’re currently obsessed with Voodoo, a really dimensional purple; Toxic, a metallic copper-pink that’s unlike anything we’ve ever done; Prank, a dark, mesmerizing shade you have to see to believe; and Smokeout, a gorgeous, dark taupey-black (perfect for creating amazing smoky lids or lining your eyes). For a one-of-a-kind vibe, we drenched Vice 2 in a pretty-but-edgy, abstract orchid design that’s applied with a special process—so no two palettes are exactly alike. Then we topped the whole thing off with a gunmetal jeweled UD icon. With the touch of a button, the case opens slowly, seductively, to unveil all that gorgeous eye candy, along with an oversized mirror and a full-size brush.
- Smokeout – dark taupey-black satin
- Lovesick – black matte with iridescent micro-glitter
- Shellshock – bright metallic silver
- Coax – medium metallic pink with golden iridescent micro-sparkle
- X-Rated – baby pink satin
- Prank – deep navy matte with turquoise floating pearl
- Madness – bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro-glitter
- Strike – antique gold shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- Stash – deep olive green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle
- Poison – charcoal satin with iridescent micro-sparkle
- Radar – metallic brown shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter
- Damaged – bright metallic emerald shimmer
- Voodoo – metallic purple shimmer with iridescent purple micro-glitter
- Betrayal – bright purple satin with blue shift
- Derailed – medium metallic taupey-brown shimmer
- Dope – warm champagne satin
- Toxic – metallic copper-pink shimmer with tonal micro-glitter
- Habit – light nude matte
- Ambush – metallic brown satin
- Rewind– medium brown matte
- Good karma shadow and Crease Brush.