I try as much as possible to keep this a happy, uplifting space, but today there’s no way around it: it’s been a rough week, and it seems my physical health has decided to give up and just cede to the universe—in other words, the past few days have all caught up with me at once. While I alternate between sleeping it off and prepping for final presentations (yikes), I thought we’d revisit my age-old tradition of posting a tag whenever I can no longer write coherently. Love me:
1. What is your first beauty memory (could be you loved to smell Mr Bubbles or enjoyed using your mom’s perfume as a room refresher…)?
Never going to forget this one: sneakily got into my mother’s lipstick drawer and redecorated my parents’ bedding. She was not happy with me.
2. What beauty brand would you love to try but have yet to take the plunge?
I’ve been eyeing Belmacz for quite some time now—come on, little pots filled with makeup and gold leaf? What’s not to love?
3. Here is a trick question… Lobster or crab?
Both. Feed me.
4. What was your first makeup purchase ever and how old were you?
Oof, I don’t remember, but I want to say it was something drugstore that Jean Godfrey-June recommended in Lucky. I head-over-heels loved (and still do) her style of beauty writing.
5. Cats or dogs?
6. Favorite movie genre… Chick flick, epic or horror?
7. Another trick question… Oranges or lemons?
Hmm…could probably use some citrus right now. Lemons.
8. Which is your favorite mascara and why?
Just tossed my tube of D&G Passioneyes Mascara, which is awesome you guys. Even with the $32 price tag, I’d still recommend it. It gives the perfect amount of natural curl, length and volume. Plus, it’s simultaneously smudge-proof and easy-to-remove, which I’m beginning to realize is a rarity. And you can’t beat that packaging…
9. Stuck on a desert island what would you wish to have on you (if you’re there I guess it wasn’t planned and luggage is likely lost on the high seas)?
My phone, Nalgene, beauty bag (hey, it’s small. I could totally swim with that thing) and sunglasses.
10. What makeup item have you repurchased the most? In other words, your ultimate HG?
DHC Cleansing Oil. If you haven’t tried a cleansing oil before, you gotta check them out. They will change your nighttime skincare routine for the better, guaranteed.
11. This one you know I just gotta ask, why did you start blogging?
What I’ve always loved about blogging is that it’s so easy to open up a new site and just begin…I suppose I had so much to say about beauty that I realized I needed a separate space where I could spill out all of my thoughts on this crazy, wonderful industry. And of course, I have no regrets 🙂
Thank you to the lovely Hélène for providing me with this week’s tag! Do check out her site, and answer any of the questions you’d like in the comments below (ermm I think official tag rules stipulate I generate my own set of questions, but….*flop*).
xo, MM &